Welcome to MCC Employee Benefits Programs!
The following information addresses all the employee benefit programs offered by Michigan Catholic Conference. Please check with your employer to confirm which plans they offer and for any employee contribution requirements for medical, dental, vision and/or option life benefits.
MCC offers the following employee benefit plans to benefit eligible employees, please visit our website for more information on each plan.
Health & Welfare Plans
- Medical (4 medical plans offered including 3 levels of PPO and an HMO)
- Basic Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Lay Employees’ Retirement Plan
- MCC 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan (note: this plan is offered to all regular employees regardless of scheduled hours)
Health & Welfare Plan Enrolllment
As a benefit eligible employee, you will have 30 days from your date of hire or change to benefit eligible status (or date MCC is notified of your eligible status, whichever is later) to complete your benefit enrollment in the health and welfare plans.
How to Enroll
- Option 1
- Enroll using the MCC Employee Self-Serve.
- Option 2
- Call the MCC Benefits Team at 800-395-5565 Monday–Friday between 8:15 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Tip: If enrolling your children and/or a legally domiciled adult have their legal name, social security number and date of birth ready when you go to enroll.
Required Documents if enrolling children or a legally domiciled adult:
- Birth certificate or court documents
- Legally Domiciled Adult (LDA)
- LDA Certification Form (note: Supporting documents may be requested.)
Fax documents directly to MCC at 517-316-3690 or provide to your bookkeeper for submission.
Reminder: You have 30-days to enroll. Active enrollment is required in medical, dental, vision, optional life, and flexibility spending accounts. If you do not complete the enrollment process, these benefits will be considered waived. You will be automatically enrolled in Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability when your employer participates in these plans.
Changing Your Benefit Elections
You may only change your benefit elections during the annual open enrollment period or if you have qualifying life event.
- Open Enrollment
- Each year you will have the opportunity to change your benefit elections. This occurs in the Fall with benefits effective January 1 of the following year.
- Mid-Year Election Changes
- A qualifying life event may allow you to make a mid-year election change to begin, stop or change certain benefit plans. Please visit the MCC website or contact the MCC Benefits Team for more details.
Retirement Plan Enrollment
- Lay Employees’ Retirement Plan
- Eligible employees will automatically become plan participants no enrollment is required.
- MCC 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Enrollment or changes to this plan may be done at any time. To participate in this retirement savings plan, please enroll directly with Prudential Retirement on-line or by calling Prudential at 877-778-2100.
Have Questions or Need Assistance?
For more information about the MCC Benefit plans, enrollment assistance and required documentation, please contact the MCC Benefits Team at 800-395-5565 or email us at Benefits@micatholic.org.