Each individual has worth, as St. John Paul II said, “at every moment and in every condition.” That value does not come from age, education, income, or productivity, but is inherent. MCC supports:
- Policies that recognize the value of every person’s life.
- State initiatives that provide and expand alternatives to abortion and assistance to pregnant women, including adoption.
- Measures to limit abortion and promote the safety of women.
- Regulations on research policies which violate the dignity of the human person and the sanctity of human life.
- Policies that seek to reduce violence in society, including the reduction of gun violence.
- Upholding the constitutional ban on the death penalty and the statutory ban on assisted suicide.
- Policies that expand and improve end-of-life care through a person’s natural death.
- Policies that support the nature of the human person.
- For Second Straight Year, MCC Presented with Three Top Awards for Excellence in Public Relations (04/22/19)
- ‘A Blueprint for the Common Good’ (02/09/15)
- Catholic Conference Vows Vigorous Opposition to Death Penalty Resolution (02/04/15)
- On the Passage of the Abortion Insurance Opt-Out Act (12/11/13)
- Positives to be Found in Day of Gov. Snyder Abortion Policy Decisions (12/28/12)
- The Word from Lansing Column:
- Prioritizing the Vulnerable in the State Budget (03/22/19)
- Pushing Back Against Racism (02/22/19)
- 2019–2020: A Blueprint for the Common Good (01/25/19)
- Reflecting, Preparing, and Acting — Advent and Advocacy (12/21/18)
- The Issues, The Candidates, and Your Vote 2018 (09/28/18)
- Clean and Affordable Water for All (Focus Essay, 5/2019)
- Vaccinations and the Common Good (Focus Essay, 3/2018)
- Promoting a Respect for Life (Focus Essay, 12/2017)
- Confronting Violence in Society (Focus Essay, 9/2015)
- The Science of Stem Cells, Finding Cures and Protecting Life (Focus Essay, 10/2007)
- Letter to Catholics Regarding Stem Cell Research (Michigan Bishops, 10/2007)
- Statement on the Death Penalty (MCC Board of Directors, 3/1999)
- Living and Dying According to the Voice of Faith (Michigan Bishops, 9/1997)
MCC in the News
- Michigan Catholic Leaders Tout ‘Dismemberment’ Abortion Ban, Not ‘Heartbeat’ Bill (Detroit News, 06/27/19)
- GOP Lawmakers Hold Hearings on Proposed Ban on Abortion Procedure (Michigan Radio, 04/25/19)
- Late-Addition Telemedicine Abortion Ban Shoots Through Panel (MIRS, 11/27/18)
- MCC ‘Pleased’ With Decision to Settle Lawsuit Against HHS Mandate (The Michigan Catholic, 10/18/17)
- Catholic Church Settles in Contraceptive Litigation (MIRS, 10/18/17)
- Detroit Dem Proposes Death Penalty for Cop Killers (MIRS, 02/04/15)
- Editorial Response: Abortion is Not Health Care (Detroit News, 12/11/13)
- U.S. Moves Morning-After Pill Over the Counter, Lowers Age Limit to 15 (Detroit Free Press, 04/30/13)
- Guest Column: Bill Places Women’s Safety Above ‘Financial Interests of Abortion Industry’ (MLive, 12/20/12)
- State House Panel Approves New Regulations for Abortions (Detroit Free Press, 06/08/12)
- Lansing Update:
- Staff Testimony: Coercive Abortion Prevention Legislation (5/2016)
- Bulletin Announcement: Passage of Abortion Insurance Opt-Out Act (12/2013)
- Bulletin Insert: Human Life & Dignity Advocacy
- Video: On the Catholic Perspective on Assisted Suicide (3/2013)
- Poll: Voters Overwhelmingly Support Licensing and Inspecting Abortion Clinics (9/2012)