News Release: Michigan Catholic Conference Statement on Kevorkian Jury Decision
“No One Man is Above the Law”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LANSING—The following statement was released today by Paul A. Long, Vice President, Public Policy for the Michigan Catholic Conference regarding the jury’s decision in the Jack Kevorkian trial:
“We applaud the decision of the jury in the Kevorkian trial who, by their action, have made it very clear that in a civil society the rule of law is preeminent.
No one man is above the law and this has been demonstrated today.”
Michigan Catholic Conference is the official public policy voice of the Catholic Church in this state.
-- 30 --
Recent Press Releases
- Gun Safety Legislation Headed to Governor Will ‘Help Save Lives’
- Michigan Employers Forced to Pay for Abortions in Bill Fast-Tracked by State Senate
- Legislature Moves to Promote Abortion Extremism Following Proposal 3
- Michigan House Votes to Allow Discrimination Against Religious Communities
- Senate Fails to Include Religious Protections in Changes to Civil Rights Law