Important Updates to MCC Medical Plans
Updates to MCC medical plans are going into effect on January 1, 2024. Please read through the announcement letter that was mailed to all medical plan participants. More information is provided below.
Changes to Rx Program With SAVER90
This update will allow medical plan participants to save money and trips to the pharmacy. As of January 1, 2024, medical plan participants will be required to fill maintenance medications for an 84- to 90-day supply at a Walgreens pharmacy or through Optum Home Delivery. PPO1, PPO2 and PPOHD members can call Optum Home Delivery pharmacy at 855-811-2223. BCN Blue Elect Plus members can call Optum Home Delivery pharmacy at 844-642-9087. Optum will contact your doctor to obtain your new 90-day prescription.
How to get started with Optum Rx Home Delivery
- Log in to your secure online member account at bcbsm.com or on their mobile app. Then click on My coverage, select Prescription, and then Order online.
- Blue Cross members can call the Optum Home Delivery pharmacy at 1-855-811-2223. BCN members can call the Optum Home Delivery pharmacy at 1-844-642-9087. Members with a hearing impairment can call TTY 711. Optum will contact your doctor to get your new 90-day prescription.
Or, to get started with Walgreens
Transfer your prescriptions to Walgreens in any store, by phone, online or via Walgreens’ mobile app.
- Saver90 — How it Works
- Saver90 — Frequently Asked Questions
- Saver90 Maintenance Drug List
- Optum Rx Mail Order Form
Chronic Care Management From Livongo by Teledoc Health
Diabetes Prevention program that includes weight management tools is being added to the Livongo programs already provided. The new Chronic Care Management program includes Livongo for Diabetes and Hypertension and the new Diabetes Prevention program. These programs are available to medical plan participants including covered dependents identified as benefiting from these programs. Rest assured, neither MCC nor employers are made aware of those individuals who qualify for or enroll in the Livongo programs. It is completely confidential. Livongo will contact qualified members.
Weight loss drugs will no longer be covered by any MCC medical plan. MCC provides resources for weight management through the new Chronic Care Management program and TELUS Health EAP. TELUS Health EAP resources are located on their web platform. Log-in to ESS and link to TELUS Health then search “weight loss” under the Life section.
PPOHD members now have the same opportunity as PPO1, PPO2 and BCN members to save money on high-cost drugs through the PillarRx program. If you are prescribed an expensive medication that is part of the PillarRx program, you will be contacted by BCBSM/BCN notifying you of next steps. If your medication is in the program, you are required to enroll.
MCC is available to answer any questions you may have about these updates using one of the three ways below:
Monday through Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm
- Messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org are returned within one business day.
- Live Chat Now
- MCC’s live chat feature is available during normal business hours and creates a direct connection with a live member of the MCC Benefits Team. Go to benefits.micatholic.org and click Chat Now in the lower right corner.